Cheaper Price, Better Coverage: Byron Center, MI Homeowners Insurance
Unless you feel a sense of safety, peace and comfort when you think about your house, condominium or apartment, it will not truly feel like home. Homeowners insurance gives you the reassurance you need to rest easy, whether you are at home or away.
- 499,000 structure fires damaged or destroyed buildings across the United States in 2018.
- Structures sustained $11.1 billion in property damage in the United States in 2018 – a 3.7 percent increase from 2017.
When many people think about homeowners insurance, the image that comes to mind is coverage that addresses the structural aspects of the home. While this is partly true, it does not tell the entire story.
Living Up To Byron Center, MI Mortgage Lender Expectations
To that end, below we outline the types of coverage – and what they include – that most mortgage lenders consider necessary for loan approval:
- Dwelling – Covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding the physical structure of your home after an applicable peril
- Personal property – Helps you replace personal items in your home that are not built-in or attached to the home
- Liability – Gives you protection if someone sues you after getting injured in your home or you damage someone else’s property
- Guest medical coverage – Pays medical expenses if someone injuries themselves on your property
Going Beyond The Byron Center, Michigan Basics
You may want to consider adding certain types of coverage that, while not required by mortgage lenders, offer you an additional layer of critical protection. This coverage could mean the difference between financial stability and a financial mess.
When it comes to optional coverage quotes, it is really up to you which types you choose. Generally speaking, however, loss of use coverage is highly recommended for every homeowner. If you experience a covered loss and you are unable to live in your home while it is being repaired, loss of use helps cover additional living expenses.
Other types of optional insurance, and the items they cover, include:
- Business property coverage – Business-related items
- Scheduled personal property coverage – Valuable appraised items
- Musical instruments coverage – Instruments kept in your home
- Sports equipment coverage – High-ticket sports equipment you keep at home
- Electronic data recovery coverage – The cost of recovering lost personal data
- Identity theft restoration coverage – Legal fees for identity theft restitution
- Yard and garden coverage – Landscaping, trees and the equipment required to maintain them
- Water back-up coverage – The cost of fixing water damage
We Will Help You Feel At Home In Byron Center, MI
- Compass Insurance Agency of Byron Center considers providing exemplary customer service a top priority
- We have the freedom to put your needs first because we are an independent insurance agency
- We are not beholden to any of the 20 world-class insurance providers that you can choose between